Friday, October 7, 2011

Your Footstool

Read Psalm 110:1
What do you do, when you can't reach something in your kitchen or you need to change a light bulb?  Do you climb on a chair or get a stool? (hopefully a stool, it's safer)  Did you know that stools are made for the purpose of reaching something otherwise unreachable.  Have you ever thought that your enemies have a purpose in your life?  Aside from causing us grief, frustration, anxiety and maybe some tears; think for a minute to the real God given purpose of our enemies.  Our enemies come into our lives in a variety of  forms: friends, families, job, financial and health issues, well, you get the point.  However, ultimately, our enemies job is to help us.  YES our enemies job is to help us.  I heard a sermon the other day, that encouraged  and reminded us to embrace our enemies, pray for our enemies and to thank God for our enemies.  In the flesh, this sounds "crazy" but in the spiritual is makes sense.  The vast majority of people, find it very difficult to pray for their enemies.  I will admit, I do pray for my enemies, but it is a God driven conviction and not one that I ignore, but it "ain't easy".  Those who know me well, know I will face my enemy with a smile and I frequently turn the other cheek; I'm often questioned, why do I do that.  I have learned from personal experience, that God is my protector and the enemy can only do so much to me.  In the flesh and to the "naked" eye  it may seem like I'm being destroyed and defeated, but there is a battle taking place in the spiritual, that will defeat what is taking place in the natural.  God has designed our enemies to become our footstool.   If you think back to the days of battle in biblical or gladiator times, when the battles where over, the victor would go and place one foot on the back of those killed in battle.  This was to show, "I have won the battle, defeated you, and I will step on your back, raise my sword and show myself victorious."    Think back to the stool---a stools job is to help you reach something other wise unreachable.  The parallel, the enemies job is to help you reach something otherwise unreachable--Victory!  When the enemy is attacking, it means that particular situation is preparing you for elevation, and you can't reach the new height, without a stool.  The enemy will become that stool.  Remain strong, steadfast and follow God's wisdom and battle plan.  Remember: "sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet." Psalm 110:1 NIV.  Be inspired.

4 comments:

Shandelin said...

Well said! I never thought about my enemies being my footstool. It defiantly flips a negative situation into a positive light.

vyon said...

I agree. Well said!!

Susan said...

Absolutely! Thanks for the reminder.

Miss Twists said...

I am inspired! Excellent work.